Welcome to Watch What Happens, a multi-genre role play site with a twist. We have no word count and no character limit.

Current Character Ratios:
Fictional Characters: 9 Males 2 Females
Real People: 0 Males 0 Females

General Character Count:

11 Characters
9 Males
2 Females

Current Bans:

No bans at the current time

Admin Samantha - Jack Kelly

Member of the Month: TBA Female of the Month: TBA Male of the Month: TBA Friendship of the Month: TBA Enemies of the Month: TBA Couple of the Month: TBA Thread of the Month: TBA
Site Title & Category Lyric Credit: "Watch Watch Happens" from the musical Newsies Header, Sidebar, and Marker Credit: MY PAPER HEART ant Caution 2.0 Original Skin Credit: "Fallen Leaves on the ground." by Daisy FTW at Hitskin

Leavin' Home Ain't Easy (open)

Go down

Leavin' Home Ain't Easy (open)

Post by Phil Coulson on Tue May 07, 2013 4:55 pm

He hated not being a super-agent. That word once defined him and made him something, made him proud to be someone. These days he was only known at Starbucks where he ordered his latte's and at the gym where he worked out to keep his physique.

Yes, Agent Phil Coulson had felt like less of a man ever since he had been stabbed through the chest by the monster Loki.

He knew in his world he was dead, he had seen the movie and had been on sites where they talked about it. He died but his death fueled the team to defeat the bastard. Though he knew it was wrong, he couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment.

Sitting down from the punching bag he pulled a water bottle out of his bag and took a few drinks, calming his nerves.
Phil Coulson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leavin' Home Ain't Easy (open)

Post by Kurt Wagner on Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 am

Although he liked that this place was much more peaceful than where he'd come from, Kurt was still having problems adjusting to this world. For starters, he looked...normal. Back at home, people had compared his looks to a demon. He'd only had two fingers and a thumb on each hand, two toes on his feet, pointed ears, yellow eyes, blue skin...he'd even had a tail. Though it was an odd feeling to no longer have such an appearance, he liked the fact that no one stared at him like he was some kind of monster.

The downside to looking normal though, was that Kurt no longer had any of his other abilities. He'd realised that even though he was still fairly agile, it didn't compare to the level his 'mutant' form had allowed and he couldn't blend in so easily in the shadows now. He had also quickly learned he was no longer able to teleport, which was what bothered him most.

He was still getting used to that fact and still occasionally found it strange that it was his German accent that people thought was the oddest part about him, though foreigners were common, so it wasn't that strange at all.

Even though he blended in here however, Kurt still found himself feeling a little out of place; he knew it wasn't home and he didn't know anyone and didn't know what to do with his time and went around trying different things to occupy his time.
Recently, he'd found a gym and started going there. He didn't mind it so much, except that it sometimes reminded him he was no longer as agile as he normally was. He stuck mostly to the treadmill, deciding running was better than trying something using his hands like he'd done the first day. He was still getting used to the extra fingers, so he had trouble doing things with his hands at times.

After deciding he'd spent enough time running for one day, Kurt stopped and went to sit down, glancing over at another man who was there. Hoping to talk to someone he didn't need to for once, he decided to say something, though the person he'd tried speaking to the day before made him realise people didn't seem to appreciate being spoken to by strangers while they were in the gym; being naturally friendly though, Kurt felt the need to try again.

"Guten tag..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Mon May 13, 2013 1:04 pm

"Guten tag..."

The German greeting caught him off guard and Phil looked up, hoping it was Natasha. Who he saw; however, reminded him vaguely of someone Nick Fury had him looking after before. He knew it was unlikely, due to the fact that back home the man had been blue and a mutant. He had not ran into anyone from home in these parts of the world.

He thought about how to say what he wanted but when he couldn't find the German for it, he smiled and said in English, "Hello to you too."

Though this wasn't his home, wasn't even close, Phil knew good manners. You always spoke when spoken too, it was just a friendly thing to do. "Nice weather we're having today ain't it?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Wagner on Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 am

"Ja, it is nice. It's a little warm though." Kurt replied with a smile. People often told him he was too cheerful and friendly towards people, but he believed that it was better to be kind to even strangers unless a person had shown they don't deserve kindness.

"Um...excuse me for asking, but do I know you from somewhere?" Kurt asked, unable to ignore the feeling that he'd met the man somewhere before, though he wasn't sure where.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson on Thu May 16, 2013 12:27 pm

"It's a bit warm, especially for this time of year isn't it," Phil smiled at him. He remembered how Tony often told him about being nicer to people and he had decided this place was definitely the time to start being someone new.

"I don't know. I'm new to this area, the names Phil Coulson."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Wagner on Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 am

"Mmm, it is, especially compared to where I come from." Kurt nodded. "Germany is much colder than here." He was glad the place wasn't really different from where he'd come from, the last thing he would have needed was to have to learn his way around an entirely new world. Here he was just... 'normal'.

"Coulson? It sounds familiar..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Grimm on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:58 am

"Germany? What region? I've traveled the world before, been to Germany once. It was rather nice," Phil smiled as he shuffled through his bag. The first thing he had done when he came to this world was to make a list and drawing of everyone he remembered. Maybe if he remembered who this man was, he wouldn't have such a problem with it.

"Well, I was once a government agent," Phil replied, not sure if he should say anymore, least he sound crazy.

Ben Grimm
Fictional
Fictional

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Wagner on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:39 am

"I am from Munich, I used to be in a circus though, so I saw a lot of Germany while I travelled with them." Kurt replied with a smile. It wasn't exactly the cleanest or richest of places to live, but it was the one place he'd been where he could be himself and no one asked questions.
At the mention of working for the government though, Kurt froze, a pained look on his face. The last person he'd met claiming to be one had kidnapped people like him to use as test subjects. "What...what kind of agent?" He asked hesitantly, the w's sound more like v's thanks to his accent.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Grimm on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 pm

"Ah Munich," smiled Phil, "I've been to Munich, it was a rather nice trip. One of my favorite cities in Germany actually, other than Berlin of course." Phil smiled jovially as he sat his bookbag down. He had travelled all over the world thanks to his work with S.H.I.E.L.D and while Germany was cold, it was nice.

Seeing the way the other man froze up, a momentary bit of panic ran through his head. What if the reason he had been so familiar was that he was one of the many enemies that S.H.I.E.L.D had made. He answered, trying not to sound suspicious. "Um...well...where I'm from we called it S.H.I.E.L.D. It was the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division..."

Ben Grimm
Fictional
Fictional

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Wagner on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 pm

"Mmm, both places are nice, but unfortunately not everyone who lives there is." Kurt said, pulling a face as he remembered some of the people he'd encountered there. People didn't exactly take too kindly to people who looked like 'demons'.

"Shield? Mein freund Logan has dealt with them a few times. I think I may also have mein self a few times... We are from the same place perhaps?" He asked, looking hopeful.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Grimm on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Phil chuckled, "Ain't that how everywhere is though? Every country or state or even nation has beautiful cities where both the nicest and some mean people live. I'm sorry if you weren't liked where you come from."

Phil smiled, "I do believe we are from the same place. Logan, you mean Wolverine don't you?"

Ben Grimm
Fictional
Fictional

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down